What do Insurance Claims Clerks do?
Obtain information from insured or designated persons for purpose of settling claim with insurance carrier.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Pay small claims.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Apply insurance rating systems.
Related Jobs (Insurance Claims Clerks)